Outdoor Lighting System: The Basics and How it Works
An outdoor lighting system is helpful for a variety of reasons. These lights help to create a sense of security and safety, they can be used as markers to direct visitors, they provide ambiance that is not just visible but felt, and they help reduce the carbon emissions associated with electric use. For those who live in an area that has frequent blackouts or power surges, outdoor lighting systems are also equipped with backup power to ensure your family doesn’t get left in the dark!
How do outdoor lighting systems work?
There are three main components to an outdoor lighting system: The light fixture, the transformer, and the wiring. The light fixture is usually mounted to a wall or pole and is what houses the light bulb. The transformer converts the electricity from your home into a lower voltage that is safe to use in outdoor lighting fixtures. The wiring runs from the transformer to the light fixture and can be either buried in the ground or run along the roof line.
There are two types of outdoor lighting systems: Wired and wireless. Wired systems require a physical connection between the transformer and the light fixture, while wireless systems transmit power wirelessly between the two components. Wired systems are more reliable and have a longer lifespan than wireless systems, but wireless lighting systems are easier to install and can be moved to a new location if needed.
Which type of outdoor lighting system is right for you?
That depends on your needs and what you want to use your outdoor lighting system for. If you need a system that is reliable and will last for many years, then a wired system is the best option. If you need a system that is easy to install and can be moved around, then a wireless system is the best option.
What are the benefits outdoor lighting system?
Outdoor lighting systems provide a number of benefits that can be enjoyed by homeowners and businesses alike. Some of the key benefits include:
- Security and safety – Outdoor lighting can help deter criminals by providing a well-lit area that is less likely to be targeted. It can also help to improve visibility and safety for pedestrians and drivers.
- Directional guidance – It can be used to mark entrances, pathways, and other areas that need to be well-lit. This can help visitors navigate your property safely and easily.
- Ambiance – It can create an inviting atmosphere for guests and add beauty to your home or business. Well-placed outdoor lights can make a space feel warm and inviting.
- Reduced energy costs – It can help to reduce energy costs by providing illumination for tasks that would otherwise require electric light. It can also help to reduce the need for artificial light, which can result in significant savings on your energy bill.
- Back-up power – Outdoor lighting systems often come with backup power capabilities, which can be helpful during blackouts or power surges.
Outdoor lighting systems are a great way to improve the look and feel of your home, as well as provide security and safety for you and your family. By installing outdoor lights, you can also help reduce your carbon footprint by using less electricity. If you’re looking for a way to make your home more beautiful and eco-friendly, consider investing in an outdoor lighting system today!
Illuminated Concepts Inc. – OC Lights
23011 Moulton Pkwy d7, Laguna Hills, CA 92653, United States